MARKETS ARE OPEN!
Stay updated on Farmers Market news and more
by signing up for our email
- For the safety of you and our farms, we will be limiting the number of people in the market space at one time
- Please be courteous of other customers and vendors and maintain a six-foot distance
- If possible, designate one family member as your shopper
- Masks are now mandatory in the State of Ohio and at ALL of our farmers markets
- Tell the vendor what you want and they will bag for you, please do not touch the product
- No reusable bags, please
- Customers should wash produce before consumption
- Wash hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds
- Remain home if you are sick, even with mild illness
- Senior/Immune Compromised shopping is at each market from the following:
- Shaker Square 8am – 8:30am
- Crocker Park 8:30am – 9am
- Pinecrest 10am – 10:30am
- Chagrin Falls 10am – 10:30am
- Legacy Village 10am – 10:30am
- Cleveland Clinic 10:30am – 11am
- Van Aken District 4:00pm – 4:30pm
North Union Farmers Market, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, champions the local foods of Northeast Ohio and promotes their health, economic and environmental benefits by connecting certified producers with consumers through a network of markets.
Our Farmers Markets
When you visit a farmer’s market, you assume the food is fresh and locally-grown. But that’s not always the case. At North Union Farmers Market, you can be absolutely certain.
Beginning with our first market in Shaker Square, we decided to run “certified producer only” markets. That means each and every farmer agrees to sell only food they’ve raised themselves or items made locally. We “trust but verify” by visiting local farms to certify they grow the produce they sell.
We now manage seven outdoor and two indoor winter markets in Northeast Ohio, including Shaker Square, Crocker Park, Cleveland Clinic Main Campus, Chagrin Falls, Legacy Village, Pinecrest and The Van Aken District.
Every one of our markets is certified producer only. Why?
Because fresh local foods taste better and are more nutritious. The food is transported shorter distances, using fewer resources with less environmental impact. And buying truly local food directly benefits our Northeast Ohio farmers and builds the region’s economy.
Did you know? Vendor fees alone can’t support your local market!
North Unions Farmers Market is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. What motivates us everyday is starting, growing and maintaining markets where consumers like to shop and farmers like to sell.
But the fact is – the stall fees we charge our vendors simply do not reflect the true cost of running our markets. Charging higher fees would be too much of a burden for local farmers who often struggle to be profitable.
To make costs manageable for our farmers, we host fundraisers, apply for grants from foundations and operate an annual fund drive.
We need your support to provide fresh and local foods from Northeast Ohio farms—all certified!—so please visit here.