Dear Friend of North Union Farmers Market,
Since North Union was formed back in 1995, we've been working hard to:
- Preserve and grow family-owned farms in Northeast Ohio...
by matching growers and consumers at seven farmers' market locations each
- Educate the public on health and taste benefits of locally-raised foods...
with events and speakers at dozens of schools, markets, block clubs and
- Create and support new businesses that are locally owned and operated...
by providing a venue, advertising and targeted consumers for grassroots
- Advocate at both the State and National levels...
to help small farmers maintain and grow their share of a competitive and
- Energize and inspire the local food movement...
by positioning Cleveland as a major force in new American cuisine.
North Union partners with local leaders Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland Botanical Garden, Cleveland State University, Master Gardeners, Asian Services Inc., Ohio State University and thirty-plus nonprofit organizations. We share a common goal: to educate the public about the many benefits of buying and eating local.
North Union helps hundreds of small family farms, urban gardens, artists and artisan producers create high quality, healthy small businesses through our annual training program, A Time to Grow.
North Union has increased access to fresh, local food by making SNAP, WIC and Senior Coupons available at all our markets.
In September of this year, we attracted 14,000 people to our third annual Cleveland Garlic Festival, a community celebration with great food, great music, and great fun for all ages.
North Union Farmers Market does all this and more with a small staff and a corps of dedicated volunteers. But we need YOUR help!
Your tax-deductible gift to the North Union Annual Fund helps:
- create sustainable jobs in Northeast Ohio
- underwrite at-farm training and certification to ensure a producer-only marketplace
- assist in accessing healthy, farm-fresh, local food
Your generous gift today will help us further our mission in 2013.
Leigh Fabens Donita Anderson
President, Board of Directors NUFM Executive Director
NORTH UNION FARMERS MARKET IS A NONPROFIT 501 (c)(3) ORGANIZATION